At some point during your studies you may have IT problems. When this happens the quickest resolution may be found by searching through existing resources and attempting to resolve the issue yourself.
General tips for finding help
If you need help with using a piece of software you can often find assistance in one of the following ways:
- Display the help window by pressing the F1 function key on the keyboard.
- Click on the help menu within the application.
- Visit the IT website at http://it.leeds.ac.uk. There's a search function to help you locate solutions to your problem.
- Visit the software manufacturers website for documentation.
- Do a search online to find a solution.
Microsoft Office 2016 Help
In Microsoft Office 2016 you can search the help documentation by clicking on the tab that reads "Tell me what you want to do...". Type in some keywords and you can either go straight to the feature you're looking for or click "Get Help on..." to find instructions.