Desktop AnywhereDesktop Anywhere provides staff with secure remote, wireless and residence network access to University IT services in a familiar desktop environment. These services include:
- Some of the most frequently used applications on the cluster desktop including Microsoft Office
- Home directory (M: drive) (and departmental shared areas (N: drive) where applicable)
- On-campus services such as departmental intranet sites and Library services
- Cluster printing
- Corporate access to SAP and Banner applications
- File Transfer gives you secure file copy from local drives to network drives (M:/N: drives)
There are 3 steps to start using Desktop Anywhere
- Check your device is supported then install the Citrix Receiver. This is a small piece of software that allows you to connect to Desktop Anywhere.
- Configure the Citrix Receiver on your device.
- Launch Desktop Anywhere.
Using Desktop Anywhere does not give you direct access to your computer, but is very similar to using a standard work computer. You will be able to see files and folders stored on your M: and N: Drives and use standard applications.
You can visit the Desktop Anywhere website for full instructions for setting up and troubleshooting Desktop Anywhere and the Citrix Receiver. You can also see the video below for setting up Desktop Anywhere on Windows machines: